We have all the information you need right here to create a brilliant plan that includes the best Richmond Fourth of July Events & Fireworks this year!
It’s time to celebrate the grand red, white, and blue that stands for freedom and liberty! Check out these Richmond fourth of July events and fireworks locations when making plans this year.
- ⚾ The Flying Squirrels with Dueling Fireworks
- 🎇 Richmond Flying Squirrels' Fireworks [VIDEO]
- 🎷 Richmond Concert Jazz Band w/ Fireworks
- 🎆 Fireworks Finale at Dogwood Dell [VIDEO]
- 🌸 Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden
- 🦋 Visiting Tips for Butterflies LIVE! [VIDEO]
- 📱 Contact The Wilson Group
- 🎙 Sid Kingsley's 4th of July Buffet
- 🎶 You've Got a Friend in Me - Sid Kingsley [VIDEO]
- 🏕 Richmond Summer Camp Guide
- 🏞 Fireworks on the James River
- 🦅 Celebrate America 2019
- 🚌 Richmond's Monuments Bus Tour
- 🗽 Richmond Monuments [VIDEO]
- 📜 July 4th Reenactments at St. John's Church
- 🍺 Star & Beer Spangled Celebration
- 💵 Buying Fireworks in Richmond
- 🗺 Richmond Fourth of July Events & Fireworks [MAP]
- 📋 Add a Richmond July 4th Event
⚾ The Flying Squirrels with Dueling Fireworks
A baseball game and a grand firework display are the perfect combination for celebrating the 4th of July in the Richmond area.
Richmond’s Flying Squirrels vs. Reading’s Fightin Phils.
- Gates open at 5:00 PM.
- The game starts at 6:35 PM.
- Dueling fireworks after the game.
This annual Independence Day celebration hosts one of the largest fireworks shows in the region. The event is sponsored by Chick-fil-A and Virginia Birth Father Registry.
🎷 Richmond Concert Jazz Band w/ Fireworks
Join the community for an evening of jazz music and fireworks at the Dogwood Dell in Bryd Park on July 4th. The event is hosted by the Department of Parks, Recreation, and Community Facilities.
The amphitheater seats 2,400 people, but we suggest you get there early to grab a seat. Visitors may bring a blanket to enjoy the concert from the surrounding park.
- Richmond Concert Jazz Band 6:00 PM
- Declaration of Independence 7:00 PM
- Richmond Concert Band 7:30 PM
- Fireworks 9:30 PM
🌸 Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden
This daytime event, CarMax Free Fourth of July, is the perfect way to spend time in the morning or afternoon before heading off to fireworks in the evening.
- Happy Lucky Combo (live music) from 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
- 2:00 PM – Parade around the garden
- Free admission: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Strollers and wagons may be decorated for the Children’s Garden parade. Remember to wear red, white, and blue to help celebrate the day!
Points of Interest
- Historic Bloemendaal House: open 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Water stations available
- Library open 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
📱 Contact The Wilson Group
🎙 Sid Kingsley’s 4th of July Buffet
A musical event that is perfect for a mellow afternoon of celebration is what you’ll find at Bryd House’s rooftop bar on July 4th. Sid Kingsley‘s connection with the personal side of music is evident when you listen to his soulful tunes.
Presented by Broadberry Entertainment.
- 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
🏕 Richmond Summer Camp Guide
🏞 Fireworks on the James River
Looking for an adventure that helps you celebrate this patriotic holiday? RVA Paddlesports is hosting an expedition style trip that takes you three miles up the James River to an island with a sandy beach to enjoy a fun evening of great food and amazing fireworks.
- July 4th from 6:00 PM – 11:30 PM
- Meet at Forest Hill Park
- Taco Bar Dinner
- Raft to the island
- Experienced guides
- $110 per person (registration required)
Bring along swimwear, footwear, and beach towel. They provide raft, safety equipment, dinner, non-alcoholic beverages, and shuttle.
🦅 Celebrate America 2019
The James River Hikers are holding their annual Celebrate America event that brings history to life as you play a role in signing the Declaration of Independence.
- All ages welcome
- Bring food and drinks
- Non-partisan event
This event is hosted by Dennis, a member of the James River Hikers, at 413 Stuart Circle. For more information about event and parking, see this meetup posting.
- 4:30 PM – Arrive at the event and take on a role as a signer or spouse of a delegate. Socialize.
- 7:00 PM – Declaration Ceremony
- 8:45 PM – Drive to Riverview Cemetery to watch fireworks.
🚌 Richmond’s Monuments Bus Tour
Celebrate Richmond’s rich history on July 4th as you hear stories about the monuments located throughout the city. The tour fee also covers admission to Valentine Museum for the day.
- 1:00 PM – 3:30 PM
- $25.00 per person
- $20.00 per person, Valentine members
- Reservations Required
- Rain or shine
📜 July 4th Reenactments at St. John’s Church
St. John’s Church Foundation presents a historical reenactment of the Second Virginia Convention that was held March 1775. Professional actors in period clothing represent ten delegates with debates that led to Patrick Henry’s famous speech.
- Show times are 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM and 1:15 PM – 2:30 PM.
- Not recommended for children under 6 years of age.
- Admission with ticket only, $5.00.
- Seating is first come, first served.
- The entire party must be there to be seated.
No admission after the event begins or once church reaches maximum capacity for seating.
🍺 Star & Beer Spangled Celebration
- 1:00 PM – 9:00 PM
- Free admission
- Free hot dogs, while supplies last
- Additional food available for purchase
Drink responsibily and plan for a designated driver.
💵 Buying Fireworks in Richmond
- Big Bang Fireworks – 12853 Broadstreet Rd., Richmond, VA 23233. For more information, call 804-673-2264.
Many fireworks are illegal in the state of Virginia and a permit must be obtained to set them off professionally. Get more information here!
- Know the laws.
- Don’t make your own fireworks.
- Keep water nearby.
- Clear area of anything flammable.
- Have emergency numbers at hand.